Photo: Who will take the Miss SA crown and R3-million in prizes? … Akile Khoza, Bryoni Govender, Thulisa Keyi, Daniellë de Jager, Tamaryn Green and Noxolo Ndebele.
The 2018 Miss South Africa pageant promises to be a glittering affair to remember. Not only will the competition celebrate its 60th Anniversary Diamond Jubilee in grand style, but the winner will walk away with a prize package of more than R3 million – the largest in the history of the event. The bouquet of prizes that Miss South Africa 2018 will receive makes the pageant one of the richest beauty competitions in the world.
The winner will receive R1 million in cash from Cell C and Sun International as well as the use of a fully furnished and serviced apartment for the year of reign, a Nissan Qashqai worth R445 500 and the use of designer garments for her red carpet looks.
The prize package includes, in alphabetical order:
· Africology product and spa services
· Bacher and Co watch and fragrance sponsorship
· blackBOX with one year’s subscription to Binge Premium Plus on black.
· Brow Bar product and services
· Cahi Dental Practice dental services and aesthetic improvements
· Call It Spring footwear
· Cell C voice and data contracts
· Ciro Coffee equipment and product
· Discovery Insure insurance and medical aid
· Edgars Mobile retail vouchers
· Exclusive Dry Cleaners services for year of reign
· Forever New fashion
· Generosity water
· Jack Friedman jewellery
· Lebelle Hair Extensions
· Lightsculpt skincare treatments and product
· Lipault Luggage luxury travel gear
· Miss SA Organisation (Sun International and Cell C) R1 million in cash and the use of an apartment
· Nissan Qashqai
· Paul Mitchell hair products and services
· Planet Fitness gym membership
· Samsung S9+, Tablet and Gear Fit Pro Red
· Shock Absorber fitness products
· Smashbox make up product and applications
· Soviet denim apparel
· USN products and clothing
· Wonderbra intimate wear
Designers Ciska Barnard, Quiteria & George, Imprint ZA, Khosi Nkosi, Salomie Couture, Shoptrend.co.za and Kyna Consili will ensure Miss South Africa 2018 always steps out in style.
This year Miss South Africa has announced a dramatic and exciting change to its format. Following the cut to the top five finalists, the organisers will go straight to a top two announcement. One of the pair will be named Miss World South Africa and one will receive the title of Miss Universe South Africa. Both will go on to represent South Africa on the global stage in each respective competition.
However, as there can be only one reigning Miss South Africa, the two winners will be asked one final question by the judges as the pageant draws to a close. Their answers will determine who is crowned the official Miss South Africa 2018 and walk away with the R3 million prize package.
The runner-up takes R600 000 – a R250 000 cash prize and R350 000 in prizes.
This year’s Top 12 finalists are Akile Khoza, Anzelle von Staden, Bryoni Govender, Daniellë de Jager, Karishma Ramdev, Margo Fargo, Noxolo Ndebele, Tamarin Bensch, Tamaryn Green, Thandokazi Mfundisi, Tharina Botes and Thulisa Keyi who will each receive R25 000 in cash and a bouquet of prizes.
The Diamond Jubilee spectacular takes place on Sunday, May 27 at Sun International’s new flagship venue, the Sun Arena at Time Square, Pretoria. It will be televised live and simulcast on M-Net (DStv Channel 101) and Mzansi Magic (DStv Channel 161).
Tickets for this year’s pageant are available at TicketPro and cost between R160 and R560. Go to: www.ticketpros.co.za